Benedict’s Dharma: Buddhists Reflect on the Rule of Saint Benedict (editor). New York: Riverhead Books, 2001.
“Benedict's Dharma is a rare find—a book on spirituality that is lovingly burnished by practice. Benedict's Rule was above all a work for practical application; what few understand is how well the Rule translates into Eastern practice. Rarely have I enjoyed a book as thoroughly as this one; I regretted reaching its final page, for the journey it provided was such a delight. Yet the greater truth is that this book is meant to be a passageway, pointing the way to greater spiritual understanding and greater self-knowledge. The truths it uncovers are applicable to anyone who is serious about leading an authentic spiritual life. This book is an exceptional treasure, offering significant and practical insights on every page.”
~ Pravrajika Vrajaprana, Amazon online review (Sept. 23, 2001).
- Benedictine Options: Learning to Live from the Sons and Daughters of Saints Benedict and Scholastica
- Flashes of Grace: 33 Encounters with God
- Orthodoxy and Western Culture: A Collection of Essays Honoring Jaroslav Pelikan on his Eightieth Birthday
- Benedict’s Dharma: Buddhists Reflect on the Rule of Saint Benedict
- The Ironic Christian's Companion: Finding the Marks of God's Grace in the World
- For the Sake of the World: The Spirit of Buddhist and Christian Monasticism
- Schools of Thought in the Christian Tradition
- God on Our Minds: A Project of the Institute for Ecumenical and Cultural Research
- New Directions in New Testament Study